Frequently Asked Questions

Etudiants asiatiques en train de lire une plaquette

This FAQ is addressed in particular to international students applying for a national master's degree and to students nominated in the framework of an academic exchange (Erasmus, double degree, non-degree academic exchange).

Free-Mover student

Does Arts et Métiers apply differentiated tuition fees for international students enrolled in a master's programme?

No. Arts et Métiers does not apply differentiated tuition fees for students enrolled in a master's programme for 2021-2022. For one-year Master’s programme the amount is the same for EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA citizens. More information on our website.

I apply for a master's degree and I cannot submit supporting documents or use the online application platform. Can I send you my application by email?

No. Applications or supporting documents received by email will not be considered. You must absolutely go through our online application platform to apply for one of our master's programmes. If you encounter technical issues, please contact

I have questions about the courses I can take, the number of credits allocated... who can I contact for more information?

You will find all the relevant information on our website under the heading “Master’s programme 2 years (Graduate)” and “Master’s programme 1 year (Graduate)”.

I am applying for a Master's degree and I cannot access the platform; some fields do not appear.

You may have difficulties viewing our master application platform for a number of reasons:

- You are using an outdated browser. Use Chrome or Firefox instead.

- Empty your browser's cache and reconnect to the platform.

- Apply via a computer instead of a phone or tablet.

- You are trying to apply for a programme that is not open.

Can I ask the administrative coordinator to check if the application I sent is complete?

No, you cannot. We receive so many applications that we cannot check them individually before the current batch ends. It is your responsibility.

If you have any doubts about the type of documents required, please contact BEFORE submitting your application.

For a master’s programme taught in English, what English language tests are accepted?

We accept almost every certification in English language as long as you obtained the equivalent of a B2 or C1 level (depending on the intended degree). The most common tests are: TOEIC, TOEFL, Cambridge, IELTS.

If you have been graduated in an English-taught programme, you may also provide a certificate to that effect.

Are there any requirements for grades, ranking or GPA?

There are no minimum grade, GPA or ranking requirements. Your application must be competitive enough to be selected.

What language should my documents be in?

The CV and letter of personal statement/motivation MUST be in English and/or in French, depending on the intended degree. If your documents are in a different language, you must have them translated into either English or French in order for your application to be examined.

Do the letters of recommendation have to be from former or current teachers or other people?

The letters of recommendation can be written by former or current teachers as well as by people you work with (in case you have already graduated).

I would like to become an engineer from Arts et Métiers and I am an international student. How can I apply to your school?

There are several ways of applying, depending on your situation:

- via the school entrance exam, after the equivalent of two years of preparatory classes;

- via the entrance exam reserved for holders of a Bac +2;

- via the entrance exam reserved for holders of a bachelor's or master's degree;

- via the N+i programme (admission based on application file).

The double degree programme is only open to students who have been pre-selected and nominated by our partner universities. The engineering programme is taught entirely in French.

The Art et Métiers Master's degree does not confer the title of Arts et Métiers engineer.

Students from academic partnerships (academic exchange, Erasmus, double degree)

How does the academic exchange programme work?

The objective of the exchange program is to offer international students the possibility to take classes at Arts et Métiers and receive course approval and credit for their programs at their home institution.

You must apply within the framework of a partnership signed between your university and Arts et Métiers. You must also be pre-selected by your university to apply as an academic exchange student.

Please note that your selection by Arts et Métiers is not guaranteed.

How does the double degree programme work?

In order to become a double degree student, you must be enrolled at a partner university with which Arts et Métiers has a double degree agreement for the Engineering programme of for a Master’s programme.

You have to study at Arts et Métiers for a period no shorter than 1 years to obtain a master's degree and no shorter than 2 years to obtain the Engineering degree.

For further information about the study scheme and plan, please contact the International office or your academic supervisor at your home university.

Please note that your selection by Arts et Métiers is not guaranteed.

When is the application deadline for the exchange programme or double degree programme?

The nomination and application deadlines are indicated on our website.

I am a student with a specific situation (disability, high-level athlete etc). Can my situation be taken into account?

If you are in a specific situation, please contact us as soon as possible without waiting for the closing date for applications.

Is it possible to apply for an academic exchange semester abroad while I am admitted as a double-degree student?

No, it is not possible.

I am applying for a double degree in engineering. Which French language certificates are accepted?

If you are coming as part of a double degree, you must present one of the following certificates at registration:

  • a DELF B2,
  • a TCF 5 competences (including written and oral comprehension, written and oral expression) certifying a B2 level,
  • a TEF 4 competences (including written and oral comprehension, written and oral expression) certifying a B2 level.acad

As an exception for candidates who are unable to take the required tests (e.g. due to the closure of examination centres because of a pandemic), Arts et Métiers may provide a non-certifying internal language test.

In this case, during their study period in France, students must pass a DELF B2 test and give the score results to Arts et Métiers, before graduation.

This obligation does not apply to students from French-speaking countries (e.g. Morocco and Tunisia).

For students who have been admitted to Arts et Métiers

Where can I find the academic calendar? When am I supposed to join the school?

Each training programme has specific start dates, courses and exams. These will be communicated to you on your admission letter and by the international relations office of your campus, once your application has been accepted.

Does Arts et Métiers guarantee me accommodation and can I get an accommodation certificate for the visa application?

No. The school cannot provide you with this type of document. The international relations office on each campus is available to help you find accommodation in France. We cannot ensure that you will get a room in a student residence.

I have been selected for a programme at Arts et Métiers. How can I register?

You will receive a link to complete your registration directly online.

Can I get health insurance as a student in France?

Health insurance is mandatory during your studies at Arts et Métiers. As soon as you receive your certificate of enrollment from the Registration Office in your Arts et Métiers campus, you can take out a health insurance policy with the Caisse primaire d’assurance maladie.

EU/EEA citizens holders of a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) are exempt from taking out this health insurance. A copy of their EHIC, valid for at least the 1st year of study at Arts et Métiers, must be provided the registration day.

Important: the French Social Security and the EHIC only entitle you to 60-70% reimbursement of medical expenses, on average, under the French Social Security scheme.

So, it is highly recommended to take out additional insurance coverage, called “complémentaire santé”. This additional coverage is not compulsory but it will make up for all or part of the expenses not covered by the French Social Security. You can sign up with a "mutuelle" or an insurance company.

Last news

Quentin Brilhault, PhD student in the LISPEN laboratory in Arts et Métiers campus in Aix-en-Provence defends his thesis on 6th December 2023


Arts et Métiers is partnering with METRON, a cleantech specialist in energy efficiency for the industrial sector, to integrate the METRON platform into the Arts et Métiers  curriculum and optimize the en


It's already been 2 years since the CNRS@Create Descartes program was launched under the direction of Prof Francisco Chinesta, a professor in the PIMM laboratory at Arts et Métiers.


" Center oExcellence for a Sustainable Industry U